Tuesday, January 08, 2008

A Poem for Winter Misery...

Yes, it is the time for winter misery, and so here is a poem I just wrote about that. I may change the ending if my mood gets better.

Winter

What a cruel caul is winter,
dark charcoal clouds
clustering over the long view
of the wetlands.
The trumpeter swans dip and slurp,
moving like dreams of Avalon
on the hemetite water.
Though trees and shrubs
make optimistic buds,
you and I, with our tea cups
steaming in our talons,
look over our shoulders
at the rush and gnash
of the ghost wind.
Our calendars tell us
that time will cure, with the
lift of daffodils and the swoop
of nesting swallows.
Our chillblained hearts
tell us this winter day
will be forever.

Molly Swan-Sheeran copyright 2008

I bet you can tell we are not into winter sports? Ha.
I ordered more alexandrite and peridot. And more heavy silver wire.

2 comments:

Deborah Lambson said...

Just wanted to say what a beautiful poem... full of wonderful imagry. I found you googling metalsmith tools (trying to start out)and have you pegged to my faves now!

MOLLY THE METALSMITH said...

Thank you for the compliments on my poem!
Did you find the tools you were looking for? Feel free to contact me for advice. What are you wanting to make?