Thursday, November 20, 2008

Interweave News & Reviews

I hear that there is a review of my work in Interweave Knits. I don't know what it says yet, but hope someone lets me know. It must be good as business has perked up!

I am just back from getting my first cataract surgery. It went well, and I am looking forward to getting my other eye done very soon. I can see so much! It is an amazing blessing.

The Thanksgiving storms are rolling through. The wind has been very wild. I hope our roof stays intact this year. I am tempted to go outside and jump up in the air and be blown away to Oz.

I have not written in here lately much, but have new poems to post. I have been smithing a bunch.

The trumpeter swans have returned to the wetlands! And I can see them!

We have some couchsurfers coming this weekend. We always enjoy them. We got to couchsurf ourselves over on Guemes Island the other night & had a fine time. They were our landlords when we rented a studio space out on Stuart Island years ago. Lovely people!

This new vision I have is tremendous! We are going out now for a walk, my first one since I had it done.

1 comment:

shinakaidah said...

I don't know if this is the right place, but I used to work metal. (copper, brass, silver) And do lost wax casting. I dearly want to start again, but I need an anvil. And tools. But I have no idea where to start. can you guide me to some one that can educate me/help me get set up?

(I am an old vet, disabled, living on disability. I would love to hammer metal again.)
thanks,
Dwight

you can respond to shinakaidah@yahoo.com