Monday, February 16, 2009

Was Blind but Now I See

I have gotten cataract surgery over the past several months. I have gone from very cloudy vision with multiple images to 20 20 vision in both eyes. This is so wonderful!!! I can see the trumpeter swans in the wetlands. I can see the birds in the trees. I can see the branches on the trees! I can see my metalsmithing so much better. It is such a gift. Thank you Dr Ellis!



Meanwhile our car died. The transmission went when we were in Bellingham to get some supplies for work & see some friends prior to my second surgery. We got the car halfway home at 20mph & turning it off to cool down. So it goes! We are now fixing up our 59 Chevy Apache. It will be a farm truck, but we need something to find a car or van with. We have a loaner beater island-car from friends. For now.



I am getting stronger. I have been able to go down the ravine to the beach and back several times recently. I even took a hot tub there once! Its great to soak in deep hot spring water on the beautiful beach. I have found more rocks there: agates, red jasper, jadeite, unakite, and a chunk of serpentine that looks very good to cut. We need to set up the lapidary stuff!



I am going to announce my next sock trade soon. No fair getting in line for that until the special date for it!



I know I have not written in here in awhile. I have recently gotten to meet my wonderful on line friend Bridgett, the fabulous knitter and knitting pattern designer! She now lives in Bellingham so is within reach! She made me some beautiful fingerless mitts which she did the dying & spinning on, plus the original design.

No comments: